On Thu, 23 May 2024 10:53:36 GMT, Thiago Milczarek Sayao <tsa...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> This fixes two bugs appointed on the JBS issue:
>>
>> 1) Sometimes window was moving to the top left corner - seems to be a bug
>> somewhere in `gdk_window_get_origin` when used before map (a X concept when
>> the window appears). The change is to ignore the configure events (happens
>> when location or size changes) until window is mapped. Before map java is
>> notified in the `set_bounds` function.
>>
>> This seems to happen on newer versions of linux distros.
>>
>> 2) Specific to KDE, in the case of the example provided, when an MODAL
>> window pops, it calls `set_enabled` `false` on the child (or all other
>> windows if APPLICATION_MODAL) which causes it to update the window
>> constraints. When maximized, the constraints where applied anyways, causing
>> the window to still be maximized but not show as maximized. The change is to
>> not apply constraints when not floating (meaning floating on the screen -
>> not maximized, fullscreen or iconified).
>
> Thiago Milczarek Sayao has updated the pull request with a new target base
> due to a merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated
> changes brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains seven
> additional commits since the last revision:
>
>  - Merge branch 'refs/heads/master' into 8332222
>  - Should still report location
>  - Fix
>  - Teste
>  - Teste
>  - Teste
>  - Fix 8332222

Question.  I see different behavior between macOS and linux mint with the
attached program (unmodified master branch).

On mac, the alert window is always positioned at the upper left corner, while
on linux it is correctly placed at the center of the screen.  Is this expected?

Also on mac, as I understand it, there is no "maximized" state, only full
screen.  So when the alert window comes up, the main window slides out of view
and all we see is the black screen and alert widow at the upper left corner.

Unless we move the main window to another monitor.  In that case I can see a
number of differences:
1. main window in normal state, the alert comes up on a primary screen and not
on the screen where the main window is located
2. when main window is "maximized" to full screen, both screens go into full
screen mode, one (secondary) with the main window, the other (primary) with a
black background.  an alert pops up on the primary screen (i.e. other than the
screen with the main window), but this time it is correctly positioned at the
center of the primary screen.

I feel this behavior (on mac) is unexpected.  Any ideas?

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1460#issuecomment-2174303188