On Mon, 24 Jun 2024 19:37:02 GMT, Andy Goryachev <ango...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> 1. For Side.LEFT/RIGHT, reverse the direction. What we have now is
> inconsistent with the movement of e.g. ListView (can be seen if using track
> pad with the list view and TabPane in the Monkey Tester):

I don't recommend doing that as part of this PR. That would be a noticeable
behavior change, and warrants more discussion.

> 2. Since now the TabPane movement correctly reflects the orientation of track
> pad gesture, we need to reverse the movement when TabPane effective
> nodeOrientation is RTL.

Do ScrollPane or ListView work this way already? If they do, then it seems
reasonable to do the same here. Otherwise, I'm not sure we should do this for
TabPane in isolation.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1486#issuecomment-2187504918