On Tue, 9 Jul 2024 09:13:13 GMT, Johan Vos <j...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> tests/system/src/test/java/test/com/sun/javafx/tk/quantum/SystemMenuBarTest.java
>>  line 1:
>>
>>> 1: /*
>>
>> This test file is moved from a different location, could do `git mv` instead
>> removing and adding.
>
> I manually reverted the add/remove part, and replaced it with `git mv`. I
> assume/hope that by squashing the commits, the add/remove will not be part of
> the change.

git doesn't actually track renames and copies, so there is ultimately no
difference between a "git mv" and "git rm; git add", at least not when done as
part of a single commit. What git does is a heuristic when presenting diffs
based on how similar the two files are.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1283#discussion_r1670664270