On Fri, 25 Sep 2026 09:37:58 GMT, Nir Lisker <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Update for the 3D lighting test tool as described in the JBS issue.
>> 
>> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the 
>> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).
>
> Nir Lisker has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional 
> commit since the last revision:
> 
>   Unlock fps differently

Test code runs and looks good. I do have one remark - I think a small README.md 
file would be in place. It should have information on how to build/run the test 
app.

I mention that mostly because there is no general guidance on how to write and 
run manual tests (which I know is a separate problem in itself). Any manual 
tests we have right now either are single-Java-file manual tests we can just 
forward directly to `java`, or we have larger test apps (ex. `MonkeyTester`) 
which specify how to build and run them. `MonkeyTester` uses `ant`, but this 
app uses `gradle`. While this in itself isn't a problem for me, I think for 
"future generations" it should be documented that that is the case.

Also a minor thing I stumbled upon is that I tried to run the built JAR with 
`java @build/run.args -jar ...` which failed because there's no manifest 
informing about the main class. `gradle run` obviously works fine (and adds 
necessary Java parameters and properties) so a README.md mentioning that this 
is the preferred path would be quite helpful for the future.

-------------

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1387#pullrequestreview-5338683461

Reply via email to