On Fri, 2 Oct 2026 11:59:18 GMT, Lukasz Kostyra <[email protected]> wrote:

> > By the way, if you use this to measure performance differences between D3D9 
> > and 12 I'd be interested to know the results.
> 
> I moved the app to the latest D3D12 version we have and it actually revealed 
> a problem with D3D12 and multiple 3D lights.

Very nice. For correctness, I'd use the Models since you can texture them and 
they have a volume.

> We tested multiple lights on D3D12 at an earlier point, so I suspect 
> something broke in recent changes. Regardless, the problem seems visual so I 
> would assume the framerate is indeed higher - avg 212FPS on D3D vs avg 244FPS 
> on D3D12 (both cases have 10000 meshes and all three point lights enabled 
> with range 100).

Yeah, when there is a visual bug we can't trust the measurements because we're 
probably not measuring the same thing.

> I'll do more testing on D3D12 with this when we merge the update to the repo 
> =)

Great. I have some fixes for D3D9 and it would be good to look if 12 inherited 
these issues. And if someone can answer my 
[email](https://mail.openjdk.org/archives/list/[email protected]/thread/VPZB3Q6TJIQNBIEQ2OLSAUZEYTJPFOAU/)
 about the pipelines it would be helpful too.

-------------

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1387#issuecomment-5953950860

Reply via email to