On Mon, 28 Sep 2026 08:44:31 GMT, Christopher Schnick <[email protected]> 
wrote:

> I frequently ran into this issue when setting up a new system where you would 
> have manually set env variables if the install location of Visual Studio was 
> different or it was using VS2026 (which is not officially supported, but 
> works for development).
> 
> This approach is simpler, detects more installations, automatically filters 
> out incompatible ones, and is future proof in terms of new versions.
> 
> For testing, removing any VS env vars and deleting the 
> build/windows_tools.properties file, should make this logic trigger
> 
> ---------
> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the [OpenJDK 
> Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).

There was a reason we didn't rely on vswhere, but I can't remember off hand 
what it was.

Checking for vswhere first seems good, but I want the existing logic left in 
place as a fallback.

-------------

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/2330#issuecomment-5870009381

Reply via email to