Hello,

We are running a (small) number of OpenLDAP instances with v2.4.58.

There is a single master and 4 syncrepl consumers (all on CentOS 7 boxes), all running with back-mdb.

We are planning our migration from 2.4 to 2.5.x

My question: Would it be OK if we migrate our master server to 2.5.latest, and leave consumers to 2.4.58 for a while? Would any implications be expected?

Or it is strongly suggested to shutdown all the servers, migrate to 2.5 in parallel and then restart?

(Obviously, the latter approach is more demanding in admin and maintenance planning.)

Finally: Is there a script or other way to check possible config incompatibilities with 2.5.x (in order to avoid surprises)?

(Note: Our master uses cn=config, while consumers still use slapd.conf.)

I will appreciate your advice.

Thanks,
Nick.