--On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 12:23 PM +0300 Nick Milas <n...@eurobjects.com> wrote:

Hello,

We are running a (small) number of OpenLDAP instances with v2.4.58.

There is a single master and 4 syncrepl consumers (all on CentOS 7
boxes), all running with back-mdb.

We are planning our migration from 2.4 to 2.5.x

My question: Would it be OK if we migrate our master server to
2.5.latest, and leave consumers to 2.4.58 for a while? Would any
implications be expected?

I would wait for 2.5.5. Other than that, replication is a protocol level bit, so it works between 2.4 and 2.5 w/o issue.

Finally: Is there a script or other way to check possible config
incompatibilities with 2.5.x (in order to avoid surprises)?

Have you read the upgrade appendix of the admin guide?

<https://www.openldap.org/doc/admin25/appendix-upgrading.html>

Regards,
Quanah

--