--On Tuesday, June 29, 2021 6:34 PM -0500 cst labs <labs...@gmail.com> wrote:

hello:

I am currently evaluating the OpenLDAP version 2.4.58. I was told by
someone that it does support the password expired control but I don't see
that it is working. As per the RFC, the server should send this control
as a part of response but it doesn't. I do see that the server returns
the password policy state control that has expired and warning
information. However, I am interested in the password expired control
since I am looking to support an existing implementation that leverages
that control. Can someone tell me how to configure openldap to return
that control?

I suggest reading the slapo-ppolicy(5) man page, which clearly documents how to enable that control.

Regards,
Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount