Hello openmeetings users,

Running 0.7 RC2 on our Ubuntu server box. By the way, OM is really,
really promising and works quite well yet.

There's a common feature in VoIP programs that mutes the output sound
if the level stays below a certain threshold for some time. As far as
I know, it's called a "gate" fetaure and it's also used in musing
mixing (listen to some 80's records and you'll probably hear it!).
For VoIP, I guess it's there to limit bandwidth usage and somewhat
prevent feedback issues to occur.

Anyway, is there a way to fine tune the way the sound gate behaves?
What I'd love is to have it always open (in order to hear continuously
the conference users ambiance, and to prevent the crude opening of
their sound gates, which can become annoying after some minutes).

Is it possible? Or does this behavior belongs to other software layers
(Red5, for ex)?

Thanks you!