u r right,

OM contains a "generic" way of converting documents , means OO is used
to convert nearly everything to pdf and pdf2swf converts it
into swf...

i am sure, there are better ways for some filetypes, but it would mean
a lot more complexity regarding each filetype in special.

Besides, i dont really know, whether the direct conversion really
leads to an effort regarding quality and performance... (?)

maybe sebastian already considered that method?

an enhancement generating whiteboard input from ppt would also be
welcome from my side (-> SWF Slice limitation, swftools ;-))

would be nice, if u could take care of that issue...

see ya

Smoeker