I have updated from r2688 to r2736 and changed the screen_viewer
setting from 0 to 4 in Configuration.

Is there suppose to have a different user interface for this new
screen sharing option?

The only difference I have noticed is that at the viewer side, the two
start buttons have been changed to Start Flash and Start Java. There
is no change for the user interface at the moderator side.