On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 12:35 AM, Sebastian Wagner <seba.wag...@gmail.com>wrote:

> hi,
>
> when you hit the button on the install-page and nothing happens / Blank
> pages your database auth data is wrong. You could have a look at your
> console in ubuntu and you would see a long exception with something in
> between like *Could no acquire database connection, tried 3 times ...*
> That means ... your database auth data is either wrong or your database
> does not allow connections from that host.

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think there are mysql auth issues because the openmeetings database
exists with all of the correct tables. They were created automatically by
openmeetings. If there were auth issues that wouldn't have been possible.

I ran the following command to make sure there are no mysql permissions
issues. It didn't fix the blanking issue.

grant all privileges on *.* to omu...@localhost identified by 'ompass';
> grant all privileges on *.* to omuser@"%" identified by 'ompass';

I don't think I should have to hire someone to set this up and besides, they
would likely encounter the same issue! There is obviously a bug somewhere,
indicated by many people having the same issue for almost a year. It may be
a configuration issue. Since I am an adept sysadmin now would be a great
opportunity for the openmeetings devs to take advantage of that and stomp
this issue once and for all.

Thanks,
Brian