when you are using the latest version from the SVN you have the
screen-cast option as RTMP.
In that version:
1) the update rate is 1-2 seconds
2) but in quality setting "high" the screen is 100% readable (as its
1:1 copy from the sharing client)!

Sebastian

http://openmeetings.googlecode.com
http://www.laszlo-forum.de