Hey Sebastian,

I'm using the same connection I had with my previous installation
(1.0r2688) so I would think it would work, I'm also using SA login so
it should have no problem creating what it needs.

    <property name="connection.username">sa</property>
    <property name="connection.password">*******</property>

    <!-- Database Settings -->
    <property
name="connection.driver_class">com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver</
property>
    <!--  for performance reasons changed to MyISAM from
org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLInnoDBDialect -->
    <property name="dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.SQLServerDialect</
property>
    <property name="connection.url">jdbc:sqlserver://
**********;databaseName=OpenMeetings123;autoReconnect=true;useUnicode=true;createDatabaseIfNotExist=true;characterEncoding=utf-8</
property>
    <property name="hibernate.connection.CharSet">utf8</property>
    <property name="hibernate.connection.characterEncoding">utf8</
property>
    <property name="hibernate.connection.useUnicode">true</property>

Here is the full error I'm getting, any ideas?  I'd appreciate any
help, I'm really not sure why it works with the current DB but has no
privilages to create the other DB.  Actually in that case, is the
script to create a fresh DB anywhere?  Maybe if I just create it
myself it'll be good to go?

Thanks, Michael

ERROR 08-26 09:30:15.583 JDBCExceptionReporter.java 758989 101
org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter [http-5080-2] - Connections
could not be acquired from the underlying database!
ERROR 08-26 09:30:15.599 Statemanagement.java 759005 59
org.openmeetings.app.data.user.Statemanagement [http-5080-2] -
addState
org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot open connection
        at
org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.handledNonSpecificException(SQLStateConverter.java:
126) [hibernate3.jar:na]
        at
org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:
114) [hibernate3.jar:na]
        at
org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:
66) [hibernate3.jar:na]
        at
org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:
52) [hibernate3.jar:na]
        at
org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:
449) [hibernate3.jar:na]
        at
org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.getConnection(ConnectionManager.java:
167) [hibernate3.jar:na]
        at org.hibernate.jdbc.JDBCContext.connection(JDBCContext.java:142)
[hibernate3.jar:na]
        at
org.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransaction.begin(JDBCTransaction.java:
85) [hibernate3.jar:na]
        at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.beginTransaction(SessionImpl.java:
1353) [hibernate3.jar:na]
        at
org.openmeetings.app.data.user.Statemanagement.addState(Statemanagement.java:
43) [openmeetings.jar:na]
        at
org.openmeetings.app.installation.ImportInitvalues.loadCountriesFiles(ImportInitvalues.java:
491) [openmeetings.jar:na]
        at
org.openmeetings.app.installation.ImportInitvalues.loadInitLanguages(ImportInitvalues.java:
581) [openmeetings.jar:na]
        at
org.openmeetings.servlet.outputhandler.Install.handleRequest(Install.java:
212) [openmeetings.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.VelocityViewServlet.doRequest(VelocityViewServlet.java:
541) [velocity-tools-view-1.3.jar:1.3]
        at
org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.VelocityViewServlet.doPost(VelocityViewServlet.java:
517) [velocity-tools-view-1.3.jar:1.3]
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
[javaee-api-5.1.0-RC3.jar:5.1.0-RC3]
[javaee-api-5.1.0-RC3.jar:5.1.0-RC3]
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
290) [catalina-6.0.20-patched.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
206) [catalina-6.0.20-patched.jar:na]
        at
org.openmeetings.servlet.outputhandler.ServletRequestExFilter.doFilter(ServletRequestExFilter.java:
35) [openmeetings.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
235) [catalina-6.0.20-patched.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
206) [catalina-6.0.20-patched.jar:na]
        at
org.red5.logging.LoggerContextFilter.doFilter(LoggerContextFilter.java:
70) [red5.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
235) [catalina-6.0.20-patched.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
206) [catalina-6.0.20-patched.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:
233) [catalina-6.0.20-patched.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:
191) [catalina-6.0.20-patched.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:
433) [catalina-6.0.20-patched.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:
127) [catalina-6.0.20-patched.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:
102) [catalina-6.0.20-patched.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:
567) [catalina-6.0.20-patched.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:
109) [catalina-6.0.20-patched.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:
293) [catalina-6.0.20-patched.jar:na]
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:
847) [tomcat-coyote-6.0.20-patched.jar:na]
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol
$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583) [tomcat-
coyote-6.0.20-patched.jar:na]
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:
454) [tomcat-coyote-6.0.20-patched.jar:na]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.6.0_21]
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired
from the underlying database!
        at com.mchange.v2.sql.SqlUtils.toSQLException(SqlUtils.java:106)
[c3p0-0.9.1.jar:0.9.1]
        at
com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool.checkoutPooledConnection(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:
529) [c3p0-0.9.1.jar:0.9.1]
        at
com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.getConnection(AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.java:
128) [c3p0-0.9.1.jar:0.9.1]
        at
org.hibernate.connection.C3P0ConnectionProvider.getConnection(C3P0ConnectionProvider.java:
78) [hibernate3.jar:na]
        at
org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:
446) [hibernate3.jar:na]
        ... 32 common frames omitted
Caused by: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.CannotAcquireResourceException:
A ResourcePool could not acquire a resource from its primary factory
or source.
        at
com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.awaitAvailable(BasicResourcePool.java:
1319) [c3p0-0.9.1.jar:0.9.1]
        at
com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.prelimCheckoutResource(BasicResourcePool.java:
557) [c3p0-0.9.1.jar:0.9.1]
        at
com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.checkoutResource(BasicResourcePool.java:
477) [c3p0-0.9.1.jar:0.9.1]
        at
com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool.checkoutPooledConnection(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:
525) [c3p0-0.9.1.jar:0.9.1]
        ... 35 common frames omitted