From: openmeetings-user@googlegroups.com
[mailto:openmeetings-user@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of dormitilla
Sent: Freitag, 2. Dezember 2011 19:33
To: OpenMeetings User
Subject: [openmeetings-user] Re: RTMPS

Hello,
is there a useable RTMPS implementation in the actual OM version, or have I to
change the sourcecode, like it was adivsed in some older postings, to get it
working.

@Holger Rabbach: Could you please write down your a detailed step by step
information?

Best Regards
Ed

On 19 Okt., 17:55, nexus <nexusw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the late reply, but I'm glad you got it working. I just put
> the HTTPS part in case you wanted it, but like Sebastian said it is
> not needed since little data is transferred over HTTP. I don't use it
> myself for openmeetings, but have used for other projects such as
> using a Java-PHP bridge in Red5.
>
> On Oct 18, 8:54 am, "seba.wag...@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > If you are usingRTMPSthe password from the OpenMeetings client to
> >the  server is already encrypted.
> >RTMPSis used not only for the video part but also for all DATA
> >laoding/RPC/RMI like calls.
>
> > The only additional thing you will encrypt by using HTTPS instead of
> > HTTP is sending profile images, download/pload documents and loading
> > the SWF/html file with the application from the server encrypted.
>
> > Sebastian
>
> > 2011/10/18 Holger Rabbach (ICT) <holger.rabb...@om.org>
>
> > >  Hi Ed,****
>
> > > ** **
>
> > > All I really did was follow the instructions in the document
> > > attached to issue 1543 in the issue tracker (and apply some manual
> > > "error correction" to it). I'm still running the HTTP part
> > > unencrypted at the moment, but plan to switch to HTTPS soon - I
> > > guess that should also close the unencrypted password gap.****
>
> > > ** **
>
> > > Best regards,****
>
> > > Holger****
>
> > > ** **
>
> > > [image: Description: holger-rabbach]****
>
> > > ** **

  OM International Limited - Unit B Clifford Court, Cooper Way - Carlisle CA3
0JG - United Kingdom
  Charity reg no: 1112655 - Company reg no: 5649412 (England and Wales)