hi Azhaguvel, thanks for the response

I have installed opennms on a WInXP machine,
I tried the command you said, but nothing works, apparently I need to do
something, like setting up OSGi container on my system, and then run the
commands, if you can tell me more about it I'll be thankfull.

:)

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 9:41 AM, Azhaguvel A <azhag...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Hossein Arbaboon,
>
> Please find the following steps to install your jar into OSGI contianer,
>
> Login OSGI container
>
> >ssh -p admin@<ip-address>   // IP address for where your opennms server
> is running
> > enter password admin
> > osgi:list // You can see the OSGI installed jar list (You can get
> service name and it's id for your jar)
> >osgi:uninstall <service-id> // Uninstall the your service if it's already
> installed in OSGI container.
> >osgi:install -s file:<jar-path> // Give the loca jar path like (Ex:
> install -s file:/home/opennms/sample.jar)
>
> Note: No need to restart the opennms because every jar in OSGI is running
> as service. So you can do any operation without restart it.
>
> I hope, It will help you :)
>
> Thanks,
> Azhaguvel A
>

> On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 9:32 PM, Hossein Arbaboon <
> hossein.arbab...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Seth, thanks for the response.
>> I've tried what you said, but sadly nothing happened :(
>>
>> I made my changes, built the artifact with maven, witch created the jar
>> file (netutils-1.12.9.jar), copied the jar file to the system folder in
>> jetty, copied it to the lib directory in jetty, restarted opennms, but
>> nothing happened.
>>
>> should I do something else? or may be I have to switch from jetty to some
>> thing else?
>> Thanks again
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 5:56 PM, Seth Leger <s...@opennms.org> wrote:
>>
>>>  Hi Hossein,
>>>
>>> The topology map UI is implemented by making all of the individual JARs
>>> into OSGi bundles. If you're not familiar with OSGi, it is a "container"
>>> server that can run JARs as modules that talk to each other via
>>> well-defined service interfaces. We
>>>
>>> The container server that we use is Apache Karaf. To get your JARs into
>>> Karaf, you need to put them into the /opt/opennms/system directories in
>>> addition to replacing the JARs (if they exist) in /opt/opennms/lib. You
>>> will then need to restart OpenNMS to get the changes.
>>>
>>> Good luck with your changes!
>>>
>>> Seth Leger
>>> The OpenNMS Group
>>>

>>> On 9/20/14, 11:49 AM, Hossein Arbaboon wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi every body, I need to do some changes in the topology map ui like
>>> changing some of the labels, but the problem is I cant see my changes in
>>> the application. I applyed some changes to the PingWindow class, built the
>>> org.opennms.features.topology.plugins.netutils and copied the
>>> netutils-1.12.9.jar on the original file, restarted jetty, but nothing