On 03/06/2015 10:49 AM, George Tetterton wrote:
> I posted this to the opennms-discuss and had no responses, someone
> suggested that I post to this mailing list so here it is.
>

> We need to support authentication with SAML based security. Has anyone
> successfully integrated OpenNMS with SAML
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_Assertion_Markup_Language> based
> security. I have found that Spring Security has a SAML package
> <http://projects.spring.io/spring-security-saml/> but my Java Web
> experience is quite weak and I do not know how to integrate it into the
> existing security. Currently we are using a combination of login page
> and LDAP. I did a search for SAML on the mailing list and it did not
> return anything.
>
> I am hoping someone here can help.

If Spring supports it, you should be able to configure it in the OpenNMS
file:

http://projects.spring.io/spring-security-saml/

You will probably need to copy the extension jar file into the OpenNMS
lib directory.

I don't think it is impossible but it probably won't be easy, either.

Sorry I didn't have anything more upbeat to add.

-T

--
Tarus BALOG, Maintainer                     Main:   +1 919 533 0160
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.                     Fax:    +1 773 345 3645