On 04/01/2015 01:00 PM, Paul Pathiakis wrote:
> Just curious as to what it looks like the problem may be.

I've been playing around with OpenNMS 15.0.2 on FreeBSD 10.1 and the
latest port of OpenJDK 8 (1.8.0_40).

The SIGSEGV is easy to reproduce and the problematic frame always points
to networking related code. I've seen it happen in eventd's TCP listener
threads as well as snmp4j's UDP transport threads running the in the
context of provisiond.

The issue also occurs with all of the JNI and JNA bits disabled, so
those can be ruled out.

I tried to reproduce the error by running provisiond's code in a
standalone .jar, making it easier for the port maintainers to reproduce
the problem, but I haven't had any success in triggering the crash this way.

At this point everything points to a JVM bug. I think we'll need some
help from the port maintainers to solve this one.

-Jesse