On Mar 15, 2012 8:30 AM, "Peter Stuge" <pe...@stuge.se> wrote:
> > Ill see how things could be speeded up using TAR autoincrement
> > and sticky errors handling so we write large data in bursts of
> > few kilobytes at once (1k or 64k max for mpsse per command)...
>
> That's great if possible. This is why I rant so violently against
> FTDI chips. They are too stupid.

Well on the other they are very generic and cheap so versatile solutions
can be built on top of them (and they are) easily. Yesterday trick pushes
mpsse to the limits already, I have also some idea on how to compact
unidirectional operations from the queue. TAR autoincrement should give a
breakthrough speed on generic adapters. Maybe the double buffer can be
implemented in OpenOCD as well. Its not that bad, there are still lots of
possibilities to try :-)

Best regards,
Tomek