Chris,

I am having very similar problems. cmsis-dap does a software reset using
SWD. That's why you don't see any activity on the reset line. You can
unstuck your device by reprogramming it using the mbed.org tools. At least,
that's what worked for me. I am now looking into a way to switch from
software reset to a hard reset. I know that there is a way of doing it,
just need to figure out how.

Cheers,

- Thomas