Hi,

Per recent IRC discussion at least three persons find default Gerrit
values for the -1 review label inapproriate.

To see why, imagine you're an outsider who wants to contribute a small
patch to OpenOCD. You read the guidelines, prepare a patch, push it to
Gerrit. It should be quite easy but actually it's not exactly so, one
has to use OpenID, has to download git hook, etc. Not really hard for
someone determined enough but not exactly as trivial as "git
send-email" which many are used to. Ok, now you've got past
registration, probably past your stupid corporate firewall, and pushed
your patch, so far so good. And then suddenly you get a mail "I would
prefer you didn't submit it". How cruel!

Probably Gerrit devs meant it as "please do not merge it as is",
probably something else, I don't know, it sounds odd for any
interpretation I can come up with. An outsider is likely to think that
the reviewer tells him or her something that's emotionally equivalent
to "stfu" and it is really discouraging.

Can you please consider changing the labels to mean what they really
mean, with wording clear enough even to a non-native speaker? It
should be possible by following this:

If a Gerrit installation or project wants to modify the description text
associated with these label values, the text can be updated in the
`label.Code-Review.value` fields in `project.config`.

mailto:fercer...@gmail.com