On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 08:26:52PM +0200, Ran Shalit wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 07:18:27PM +0200, Ran Shalit wrote:
> >> I would like to ask if there is some wiki of other which explaing how
> >> to load cpld (fpga) and run.
> >
> > Do you have SVF file for that? Usually CPLD/FPGA tools allow user to
> > output one. Then use "svf" command, it has nothing to do with "pld"
> > subsystem etc.
>
> what is the purpose of the pld load command actually (from the usr's
> manual it seemed for loading fpga) , i.e. Why is it better use svf
> then "pld load" ?

svf is just a list of low-level jtag operations to perform, OpenOCD
doesn't need to know anything at all about the meaning of them. "pld
load" is an incomplete attempt at supporting some additional
cpld/fpga-related functionality, it's probably able to load a "bit"
file for Virtex2 but that's about it.

mailto:fercer...@gmail.com