Hello,

I am trying to get Openocd running with a Silab EFM32 Tiny Gecko board I got
some time ago. The board has some of the Silab demo programm applied,
probably using WFI in the Idle loop.

Modifying Andreas Faerbers recently submitted xmc-2go.cfg accordingly for
the efm32, I got openocd started and I can connect to the board. However
reset is needed, as a "undefined debug reason 7 - target needs reset" is
displayed. Emitting "mon reset halt" however gives
"Polling target efm32.cpu failed, GDB will be halted. Polling again in ..."
in a loop. Using "reset_config none" lets me also connect, with the same
"undefined debug reason 7 - target needs reset" message. However after "mon
reset halt" the CPU is halted as expected.

So why use "reset_config srst_only srst_nogate" and not "reset_config none"?

Should I submit the Jlink/Gecko config?

Thanks
--
Uwe Bonnes                b...@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de