Hello folks,
I have a board with an STM32F7 on it. My target script sources the
shipped stm32f7x.cfg target script. Everything works perfectly. No
problems.

I have another board with two STM32F7s on it. The JTAG chain runs
through both chips. My target script sources the shipped stm32f7x.cfg
target script twice, setting CHIPNAME before each sourcing. Everything
works *mostly* fine, except that when I start OpenOCD, I see this
output in the mix:

Error: Target not examined yet
Error: mem2array: Read @ 0xe0042004, w=4, cnt=1, failed
/usr/bin/../share/openocd/scripts/mem_helper.tcl:6: Error:
in procedure 'init'
in procedure 'ocd_bouncer'
in procedure 'mmw'
in procedure 'mrw' called at file
"/usr/bin/../share/openocd/scripts/mem_helper.tcl", line 25 at file
"/usr/bin/../share/openocd/scripts/mem_helper.tcl", line 6

I have tracked down the reason. The helper script is trying to set some
bits in DBGMCU to prevent the CPU from going to sleep; it does this in
the “examine-end” event handler. Poking around, I see that those bits
are set properly on the second CPU in the chain but not the first. I
assume the error messages are therefore from the first CPU’s
examine-end handler.

Attached, anonymized, find my config file. I’m using OpenOCD 0.10.0.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
--
Christopher Head