On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 1:43 PM Oleksij Rempel <li...@rempel-privat.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i started this discussion on the irc #openocd. As PaulFertser suggested,
> lets move it to the mailing list.
>
> To make at least some of the commands more consistent, i decided to
> rework adapter related part. Initial patch is here:
> http://openocd.zylin.com/4774
>
> Here are the old variants of adapter related commands:
> ftdi_location <location>
> interface <name>
> interface_list
> interface_name
> adapter_nsrst_delay
> adapter_nsrst_assert_width
> interface_transports
> adapter_khz
>
> here is my new:
> adapter usb location <location> (set usb location of usb adapter)
> adapter driver set <name> (select adapter driver)
> adapter driver get (get configured driver name)
> adapter driver list (list build in drivers)
> adapter srst delay_after (delay after srst deasserted)
> adapter srst width (assertion pulse width)
> adapter transports (set list of supported transports by adapter)
> adapter khz (set clock rate of TCLK line)
>
> By "adapter khz" and "adapter transports", i'm not 100% sure. For the
> firs one, I can imagine some thing like "adapter tclk rate <rate>".

ST-Link in SWIM mode for STM8 only recognize adapter_khz zero or
non-zero, corresponding at low and high speed.
Would be nice to use "adapter speed" instead of "adapter khz".
But then what is the unit? Hz or kHz or "bool" for high/low?

More general, would be also nice to collect under a single command
"adapter usb vid_pid" all the various "aice vid_pid", "ftdi_vid_pid",
"hla_vid_pid", "usb_blaster_vid_pid".
Same for a single "adapter usb serial" instead of "aice serial",
"cmsis_dap_serial", "ftdi_serial", "hla_serial", "jlink serial",
"kitprog_serial", "xds110_serial"

Antonio