> On 20 Mar 2020, at 18:07, kristof.mul...@telenet.be wrote:
>
> Hi Liviu,
>
> Many thanks for your quick reply. I'm happy to hear you're working on
> the xPack Build Box (v3.1). Your efforts to make software like OpenOCD
> easier to build, makes it available to much more people.
> You're my hero!

Thank you!

Once the new build environment will be in place it'll be also easier for myself
to make new releases.

Perhaps we can agree on a schedule, and make the xPack binaries the
default/recommended OpenOCD binaries, for those who do not want to bother with
compiling them from sources.

As such, you would not have to run the scripts yourself.

> You said:
>> "Most probably the urls need to be moved away from SourceForge"
>
> I agree. SourceForge is flooded with ads. They're flickering all
> over the place. I believe a software like OpenOCD deserves a better
> place to live.

The adds are only annoying, I don't mind them since I visit the site very
rarely, but the timeouts are benign. Now it seems https://repo.or.cz suffers
from similar issues.

Personally I would move the project to GitHub. Create an organisation called
OpenOCD and transfer everything there.

Regards,

Liviu