yes, jtag/drivers/libusb_helper.h could be the right place to put such value.
For JLink, the file src/jtag/drivers/libjaylink/libjaylink/transport_usb.c is
out of OpenOCD, we need to change the library, so out of the scope of this
ticket.
It's not a big patch, but if you want to contribute to OpenOCD code, I would be
glad to have you on-board.
The info in HACKING file should be enough. Available also
[here](https://openocd.org/doc-release/doxygen/patchguide.html).

---

** [tickets:#343] Increase CMSIS_DAP usb timeout value**

**Status:** new
**Milestone:** 0.10.0
**Created:** Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:08 AM UTC by Gabor
**Last Updated:** Mon Mar 21, 2022 09:55 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

The linux USB stack locks up for 5 seconds if there's an unreponsive USB
device, while linux is trying to reconnect.

If I halt my device under test, it causes the above linux usb stack bug and my
openOCD connection with my DAPLink breaks.

The best solution I've found is increasing the USB_TIMEOUT to 6000ms in
cmsis_dap.c. What do you think about submitting this fix? If there's an easy
way for me to create the CL, I'm happy to do so.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because openocd-devel@lists.sourceforge.net is
subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/openocd/tickets/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://sourceforge.net/p/openocd/admin/tickets/options.  Or, if this is a
mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.