Hello dear OpenOCD maintainers,

While working with the mem_ap target I noticed that setting a breakpoint
causes a crash in target_add_breakpoint
because target->type->add_breakpoint is NULL. I discovered this by
accident, just forgot to switch to the cortex_m before setting a breakpoint.

It turned out that there are numerous places in target.c where NULL pointer
check is missing so I would like to submit a fix but I have a question.

I would like to use the modern LOG_TARGET_XXX macros for logging and there
are lots of lines in the target.c similar to this:
LOG_WARNING("target %s is not halted (hit watchpoint)", target->cmd_name);

Is it a good idea to change all of them to LOG_TARGET_XXX to make logs more
consistent?
Is it OK to submit a single patch with both changes or it would be better
to split it into two separate patches?

Thanks,
Bohdan