SimonQian wrote:
> In OpenoCD, we can handle TRST ON/OFF/ABSENT. But we can not
> handle TRST Z, not all the jtag tool can support this. So should it be
> interpreted as TRST OFF?
> My SVF code doesn't handle TRST Z, I'll provide a patch for TRST
> command and using jtag_add_clocks.
> According to the SVF specification, TRST mode(ON/OFF) should be
> changed right after all the previous commands executed. But I don't
> have a chip require operations on TRST, so I can not test on this.
> I compared XSVF commands and SVF commands, there are 4
> commands absent in XSVF.
> 1. FREQUENCY, in SVF it's used to set the frequency of the JTAG.
> If using XSVF, jtag_khz should be run before executing the xsvf file.
> Some tools will run at a very low speed without setting the jtag speed.

jtag_khz serves this purpose well. The tool that generated the SVF file
may not know enough about the board's speed requirements to set this as
well as the user of OpenOCD can set it using scripting or whatever.

> 2. PIOMAP
> 3. PIO
> They are used to control some other pins, which is not available in
> OpenOCD.

I would be surprised to see any of these in any SVF file. This is
inconceivable except where the generating software tool is provided by
the exact cable vendor, and in such case they probably aren't using
OpenOCD anyway. I'm content ignoring them in svf2xsvf.py, the user can
delete them with a text editor since there's nothing to do with them. It
is not hard to skip them quietly in svf2xsvf.py if somebody wants to
modify their own local copy of the translator.

> 4. TRST
> discussed above.

I will prepare a patch to xsvf.c incorporating what we discussed, with
"Z" argument equivalent to "OFF".

> For the 'quite' mode, I just want to test the execution speed for compare.
> I don't know how many percentage of the time, printing function will take.

Likely a good bit.

Dick