Hi all,

The following RFC proposals are still on the table and need resolution:

1) library header file rework:
  a) rename src/ as openocd/  (preferred)
    - this will allow public #include, e.g. <openocd/jtag/jlink.h>
  b) do not rename src, e.g. #include <jtag/jlink.h>
  - something needs to be done; the library work is only half-complete
  - i have a patch for "unit tests", based on this "external interface"
  -
http://www.mail-archive.com/openocd-development@lists.berlios.de/msg04077.html

2) move board, target, and interface Jim script directories to src/tcl/
  - this will move the whole directories intact, parallel to tcl/chip.
  - more structure can be added, if we see fit; this is a small step.
  -
http://www.mail-archive.com/openocd-development@lists.berlios.de/msg04685.html

3) move src/tcl to tcl/
  - aims to cleanly separate the C and TCL code trees
  -
http://www.mail-archive.com/openocd-development@lists.berlios.de/msg04699.html

4) change location of installed files:
  - RPM packaging exposed filesystem standards conformance issues.
  - need to resolve the list of changes to make, to do during the above.
  -
http://www.mail-archive.com/openocd-development@lists.berlios.de/msg04626.html

5) commit testing tools
  - one-step smoke tests!  I probably need another week for this.
  - all in-tree with no new dependencies (maybe a Perl module or two)
  -
http://www.mail-archive.com/openocd-development@lists.berlios.de/msg04030.html

Most of these are fairly trivial for me to do, and I think most or all
are worth doing for 0.2.0.  I can ensure that the transformations are
done gradually and are well-documented by their commit comments.
Further, I will update these path references in the documentation.

Either way, I want to know the community's desires in these matters.

Cheers,

Zach Welch
Corvallis, OR

P.S.  There are other pending RFCS, but they do not seem 0.2.0 material.