On Sat, 2009-05-23 at 21:55 -0700, Zach Welch wrote:
[snip]
> 2) move board, target, and interface Jim script directories to src/tcl/
>   - this will move the whole directories intact, parallel to tcl/chip.
>   - more structure can be added, if we see fit; this is a small step.
>   -
> http://www.mail-archive.com/openocd-development@lists.berlios.de/msg04685.html
>
> 3) move src/tcl to tcl/
>   - aims to cleanly separate the C and TCL code trees
>   -
> http://www.mail-archive.com/openocd-development@lists.berlios.de/msg04699.html
>
> 4) change location of installed files:
>   - RPM packaging exposed filesystem standards conformance issues.
>   - need to resolve the list of changes to make, to do during the above.
>   -
> http://www.mail-archive.com/openocd-development@lists.berlios.de/msg04626.html
[snip]

At this point, I believe all of the opposition to the above ideas has
been resolved in favor of proceeding with their proposed actions, and no
further objections have been raised.  This is the final call for further
discussion before I proceed to make these changes.

Obviously, this will cause a serious disruption for anyone with files
not committed to the tree; however, these changes will benefit the
directory structure of the project immensely.  When complete, users will
be able to discover and explore the OpenOCD tarballs more intuitively
than with the present structure.

I intend to commit these changes in the order listed.  This means you
should wait to clean up until all of the moving has been finished (steps
labeled 2 and 3 above).  The final step (labeled 4) will consist of
purely automake input changes, from what I can see today.  Afterwards,
there should be absolutely _zero_ functional changes.

If you have changes or new files in these parts of your working copies,
migration from the old version will simply require you to:
  1) move any local files from their old locations to the new, then
  2) remove the old directory structures
Reverse migration should be possible using similar steps.

Please let me know if I have overlooked anything in these matters.

Cheers,

Zach