On Monday 25 May 2009, Rick Altherr wrote:

> > Actually, David Brownell agrees that it does fix bugs regarding
> > portability of the existing definitions in types.h.
> >
> > Perhaps your passion for this debate clouded your sight to that fact.
> >

> Trust me, there is no passion on this end.  Only experience and
> willingness to "do the right thing".  There are no reports of bugs
> encountered by users that are solved by changing the types with either
> patch for 0.2.0.  The only potential case is for Windows 64-bit since
> ints become 64-bit.  Otherwise, all of our platforms correctly map the
> types as defined.

I don't think you can know what "all our platforms" are though.
The code should just work on all platforms where the various
prerequisites are available; this set of developers will have
only partial coverage.

Merging Zach's patch is a way to help make *sure* that any bugs
which appear can not be specific to OpenOCD.  And if anyone is
really claiming it's too risky to merge now, I'd conclude that
we must only be a week or two from release...