Freddie,

I want to understand what you are working on.

I believe there are 3 or 4 things needed to make OpenOCD work with a
"universal inf file" for LibUSB really work.

I think of it this way:

(a)   We have a simple "text file" - with 4 columns.

Column 1 - Vendor ID
Column 2 - Product ID
Column 3 - Product Root Device Type, ie:  ft2232 - or - other
Column 4 - "Human Friendly Name".

(b) Perhaps that text file supports "#" comments.

(c)  Question:  Given the above, how hard would it be to create a
*SIMPLE* perl, shell, awk, whatever script to create a generic LibUSB
"windows inf" file - that *LIST* *ALL*  items listed in the simple text
file.

(d) If the above is simple - and I believe it is - then "packagers" of
OpenOCD *could* - then package "LibUSB0.sys" with the INF file.. and the
more general problem would be solved.

(d) In effect, a packager *could* only need to "copy" a pre-built
"libusb0.sys" file into the same directory as the "generic
openocd-libusb.inf" file above.

*THEN* - a "prebuilt cygwin" user (or mingw user) *could* - re-install
the "usb driver" for their dongle - and specify the 'openocd-libusb.inf'
file instead of the default one that came with/from the dongle vendor.

-Duane.