Guess what, OpenOCD wasn't started so YOU can get paid.
If you don't like the way OpenOCD is managed, get out.

You're quite an asswipe.

________________________________
From: Zach Welch <z...@superlucidity.net>
To: Spencer Oliver <s...@spen-soft.co.uk>
Cc: openocd-development@lists.berlios.de
Sent: Tuesday, 23 June, 2009 23:05:43
Subject: Re: [Openocd-development] License

On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 21:57 +0100, Spencer Oliver wrote:
[snip]
> GPL is important, but i do not understand people's objections to adding an
> exception -
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> who exactly is this hurting?

Would you like to kick me in the nuts, while saying things like this?
The effect would feel little different.

Such exceptions hurt professional software developers that want to make
a living developing free and open source software -- like me.  I think
they hurt the entire free and open source software movements, actually.

> It would be a shame to have to fork openocd.

Yes.  It would be a shame to see it forked over this, when clear
technical solutions have been offered that comply with the GPL and
provide exactly the same functionality.  I am not ashamed, other than by
the willingness of members in this community to attempt to retroactively
revise a _legal_document_ that was accepted by contributors like myself.

Cheers,

Zach