On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 11:46 +0200, Michael Bruck wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 11:30, Øyvind Harboe<oyvind.har...@zylin.com> wrote:
> > But why should we go for such an inferior and specif solution when a more
> > general one is proposed and worked on?
>
> What are the speed/roundtrip time implications of passing all data
> through the Windows socket interfaces for the TCP/IP solution?

I have posited that they will be unkind to the driver, but I don't know.

> The dll wrappers (there are obviously two approaches which DLL is to
> be wrapped) seem to have the lower performance penalty.

There are options.  But it seems that FTD2XX will be the preferred
solution on Windows, and it may take a performance penalty to do so.
Such is the GPL.

I believe the very best performance will come by fixing libusb+libftdi,
which is another reason that I have lauded it since the start.

Cheers,

Zach