On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 11:48, Øyvind Harboe<oyvind.har...@zylin.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Michael Bruck<mbr...@digenius.de> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 11:30, Øyvind Harboe<oyvind.har...@zylin.com> wrote:
>>> But why should we go for such an inferior and specif solution when a more
>>> general one is proposed and worked on?
>>
>> What are the speed/roundtrip time implications of passing all data
>> through the Windows socket interfaces for the TCP/IP solution?
>
> Possibily neglible as OpenOCD is already highly geared towards
> long latency interfaces. It would have to be measured.

This may be valid for high-speed data transfers (but on arm11 for
example only in the fast memwrite mode that replaces status polling
with fixed delays). I doubt that for single-stepping, where the whole
processor state is fetched register-by-register, the
long-latency-optimizations make much of a difference.

Michael