On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 08:35:32PM +0200, Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 7:42 PM, David Brownell <davi...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> > On Monday 14 September 2009, Ųyvind Harboe wrote:
> >> I suspect there are JTAG controllers that do not communicate when
> >> SRST is asserted, but do not pull TRST.
> >>
> >> srst_pulls_trst will kinda work on these devices i.MX27(??).
> >>
> >> The first thought that strikes me here is to split out srst_pulls_trst into
> >> two flags: pulls trst and no JTAG communication during srst....
> >
> > What code do we have which wants JTAG chitchat during SRST?
>
> I thought arm7/9 did this, but I was wrong. I'm wondering if
> XScale needs this.
>
> Turns out after some more testing that i.MX27 does appear to
> pull trst during srst.

I thought the desired reset procedure at least on ARM9 is:

- pull SRST and TRST (TRST not only resets the TAP but also EmbeddedICE)
- release TRST
- program EmbeddedICE to break on reset vector
- release SRST

There are SoCs where SRST gates the ARM core clock, thus you
cannot program EmbeddedICE while SRST is asserted; then you need:

- pull SRST and TRST
- release SRST and TRST
- program EmbeddedICE to break on reset vector
- pull SRST again
- release SRST

Johannes