On Tuesday 22 September 2009, Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> I was thinking about recommending a one second busy loop in
> the flashed application upon reset for debug builds. This gives
> OpenOCD enough time to do it's evil deeds...

Might be worth adding a (currently short) chapter to the
user's guide suggesting things like that.

But note that not all targets will need that sort of delay,
so it's worth noting the signs that your target may be
one of them.  One seems to be "reset halt" not stopping
the CPU before it executes ... not just "using LPC2xxx",
but that's a simple special case.  Another seems to be
"need to reconfigure the pins used for JTAG".

Without one of those motivations, a one second delay
would just be annoying.  ;)

Then there's that WFI issue (which on many ARMs is a
coprocessor instruction, not a CPU operation).

And, hmm, there's how to use the DCC channel...

I don't doubt that there are a few more tips like that
floating around.