Hi David,

> Right now I think there seems to be general agreement to
> switch to that GIT repository in the next couple of days.
> (So I encourage everyone to switch ASAP ...)

I felt encouraged immediately, but now I'm stuck...

Has anyone solved the problem of git access from behind a strict HTTP proxy?
Various recipes circulate the net, but none of them has helped me so far.
My only way out is through the HTTP proxy. I assume that the proxy doesn't
accept the git port, and I have no possibility to change that.

Can Sourceforge be configured for HTTP access, or is the git protocol the only
option?

Regards,
Rolf