On Monday 05 October 2009, Dirk Behme wrote:
> As far as I can see as a user, I'm fine with Berlios mailing list and
> archive (except the outage the last days).

Yeah, I'm mostly OK with it ... except for it being a closed list,
which completely eliminates "casual" contact (not just spam) and
removes many opportunities for community growth.

As you noted, sf.net mailing lists have problems.  I don't want
the main list hosted there either.

Thing about Berlios though ... its service levels didn't even hit
the "two nines" level (via their own monitors, over the last year).

Switching mailing list servers is IMO something to do only when
we have a clearly better alternative lined up.  Switching is such
a PITA that I think we're better off with Berlios for now.

- Dave