El Lunes, 5 de Octubre de 2009 22:07:35 David Brownell escribió:
> On Monday 05 October 2009, Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> > In short, the following will happen:
> >
> > 1. The source will be held in git.
> >
> > https://sourceforge.net/projects/openocd/
>
> !!! And if anyone objects to GIT, please speak up ASAP !!!

  Could have been sooner certainly. I had my doubts about even suggesting this
proposal, but then I thought spending few minutes reading it wouldn't hurt
much.

  I think mercurial [0] could be a good option. It's a well known distributed
VCS, maybe not as spread or known as git, but it's fulfilling most if not all
general users aspirations. I find it generally speaking easier to use than git
and the move from those used to SVN should be less painful.

  There's at least a specific host site for mercurial projects [1] but there
may be others.

  Mercurial provides an extension called "convert" able to translate from
another VCS, among them SVN. But there's also a mercurial client for SVN repos
[2], this should be the equivalent to git-svn.

  Pushes can be done, either by ssh or by https, which should address proxy
issues. It also provides a graphical interface based on the spreaded
TortoiseSVN, which is actually called TortoiseHg [3]. Since Mercurial is
almost totally written in python, it's multiplatform, as well as TortoiseHg.

  Also google code is supposed to also accept Mercurial repositories [4] but
I'm not sure about the state of this and the urgency suggests that this is not
a clear path to follow. I could find out something about this if there is
interest.

  I just wanted to drop this information, forgetting about typical flames, for
the sake of completeness. Feel free to thrash it if you think it's too late of
useless.

  Regarding the mailing list point, in case Google groups are found useful,
something I'm not totally sure about, they may complete the total move to
Google code once it provides general Mercurial hosting.

  Regards,

[0] http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/
[1] http://bitbucket.org/
[2] http://bitbucket.org/durin42/hgsubversion/overview/
[3] http://bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/stable/wiki/Home
[4] http://googlecode.blogspot.com/2009/04/mercurial-support-for-project-
hosting.html

--
Raúl Sánchez Siles

Departamento de Montaje

INFOGLOBAL, S. A.

* C/ Virgilio, 2. Ciudad de la Imagen.
28223 Pozuelo de Alarcón (Madrid), España
* T: +34 91 506 40 00
* F: +34 91 506 40 01