On Monday 23 November 2009, Dean Glazeski wrote:
> pieces.  I have the branch posted at http://repo.or.cz/w/dnglaze.git under
> the at91sam9-nand head.

That's an intriguing and useful first:  substantial patches
that could eventually be pulled from a "new" developers's
GIT branch!  :)

That'll need review and surely cleanup.  Øyvind commented
about the patch sequence -- make sure it builds at each
step along the way -- which is important (so "git bisect"
continues to work).  (I'm not keen on that particular
style he mentions, FWIW...)

For review ... the best solution is to post patches to
the list.  (Inline, not attachments, unless your mailer is
Microsoftian in its eagerness to mangle text.)

With that many, small chunks will be better.  You sent a
couple already -- accelerating reads, and refactoring
command sequences.  The latter is on my queue of stuff to
test after my current ARM11 stuff is out for feedback (*);
have you replaced that patch?

At any rate, please continue to be gentle on our review/merge
time by grouping your patches in bite-size morsels.  Maybe
the best thing to do would be to reorder your patches with
all the core updates/refactoring first, then just submit
one ready-to-roll SAM9 nand driver depending on them.

- Dave

(*) Someone with an AT91SAM11 could probably combine
    your NAND stuff with this, and be glad to have it
    all working together.  I suspect the SAM11 isn't
    more "slidware" than silicon though.  ;)