Øyvind Harboe a écrit :

> The zy1000 has "infinite" ram w.r.t. small allocations(32 or
> 64mBytes depending on revision), so not checking small
> allocations is *highly unlikely * to cause problems for any
> embedded host with oodles of ram(megabytes).

To be completely honest, it depends. If there's a leak somewhere and
memory gets lost monotonically, you *might* get failures in allocations
more frequently than you think.

In fact, finding possible leaks might be more beneficial than checking
allocs -- after all, by checking failed allocs, we trade an OpenOCD
crash against an OpenOCD emergency stop, whereas by finding leaks we
trade an earlier OpenOCD crash against a later OpenOCD crash -- this
buys us somme working time. :)

Amicalement,
--
Albert.