New thread on new features to gdb memory maps.

> Not sure what you mean by caching ... if the CPU is running, we
> can't assume it's not going to touch such areas.

We can tell GDB to read data from an area(e.g. disassembly) from
the elf file rather than the target memory, I think.

> Though:  I looked at the GDB protocol spec and it says that undefined
> areas are presumed to be RAM.  So I'm a bit puzzled about just what
> that current code is there for...

If you have *any* memory map, then, as I recall, it would be defined as
invalid memory if it wasn't ram.

If you have *no* memory map, then it's all assumed to be RAM.

--
Øyvind Harboe
US toll free 1-866-980-3434 / International +47 51 63 25 00