On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 3:03 AM, Nick <ndro...@rogers.com> wrote:
> Has anyone succeeded in using the Olimex arm-jtag-ew
> with openocd 0.4.0_rc1 on windows?  I am having much trouble
> with mine.  Is there a libusb0.dll that works with the arm-jtag-ew?

Where do you get the libusb0.dll file? You should use the latest
released DLL 0.1.12.2 from libusb-win32 page. The previous
version may 0.1.12.1 may have problem with USB composite
device. But I am not sure about arm-jtag-ew.

I do not think libusb0.dll is the problem. It is said that arm-jtag-ew
emulates the J-Link in low level API. It takes quite some for
OpenOCD to get J-Link working properly. So I will think the
first support is probably done by reverse-engineering and there
may be something missing in the process.

There are different firmware version for the J-link. They even
use different endpoints and supported command set are
not always the same. Maybe this is the case for Olimex
Arm-Jtag-EW as well. In that case, even if the original support
is good, it may not be good for yours.

The first thing to check is the USB Descriptors. You can
post yours. Probably the original author of the patch can
compare yours with his.

Under Windows, you can use usbview to post the
USB descriptors.
http://www.ftdichip.com/Resources/Utilities.htm

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com