In the course of my fooling around lately it seems I am able to wedge
something, libftdi or the JTAGKey-Tiny, I got it into a state where OpenOCD
would only produce this on startup, even after power cycling the target:

Error: JTAG scan chain interrogation failed: all ones
Error: Check JTAG interface, timings, target power, etc.
Error: JTAG scan chain interrogation failed: all ones
Error: Check JTAG interface, timings, target power, etc.
Command handler execution failed
Warn : jtag initialization failed; try 'jtag init' again.

Leaving the target powered I replugged the JTAGKey-Tiny and on next start of
OpenOCD it found things:

Info : RCLK (adaptive clock speed) not supported - fallback to 100 kHz
Info : JTAG tap: penta.tap tap/device found: 0x04040009 (mfg: 0x004, part:
0x4040, ver: 0x0)
Info : JTAG tap: dm355.jrc tap/device found: 0x0b73b02f (mfg: 0x017, part:
0xb73b, ver: 0x0)
Info : JTAG tap: dm355.etb enabled
Info : JTAG tap: dm355.arm enabled
Info : Embedded ICE version 6
Info : dm355.arm: hardware has 2 breakpoint/watchpoint units
Info : ETM v1.3

Note: I am running OpenOCD on Linux inside VirtualBox hosted on Windows, using
VirtualBox's USB capture features.

If this is of interest to anyone please let me know if there is something you'd
like me to try / information to capture next time.

--
Jon Povey
jon.po...@racelogic.co.uk

Racelogic is a limited company registered in England. Registered number 2743719
.
Registered Office Unit 10, Swan Business Centre, Osier Way, Buckingham, Bucks,
MK18 1TB .

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended by
Racelogic Ltd for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is
directed and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you
have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from
your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the
error by reply email so that the sender's address records can be corrected. The
views expressed by the sender of this communication do not necessarily
represent those of Racelogic Ltd. Please note that Racelogic reserves the right
to monitor e-mail communications passing through its network