On 2010-10-18 21:53, Andreas Fritiofson wrote:
Well, that's BS. The STM32 flash has a nominal programming time of
52.5µs per 16 bits. So the theoretical max speed anyone can achieve is
roughly 37.2 KiBytes/s. If you see claims of speeds way above that
they're either lies, load-to-ram figures or a mixup in units.

That's the screenshot
http://obrazki.elektroda.net/56_1286356404.jpg

That said, I think it should be possible to crank up the STM32 flash
programming speed in OpenOCD by at least a factor of two. I don't know
what the bottleneck is, but like you I have concluded that JTAG
frequency is not the major issue here. My guess is that the
programming algorithm we use might be quite inefficient. USB latency
might play a role but with double buffering and other tricks in the
algorithm the latency shouldn't be a limiting factor.

That would be very cool to tune OpenOCD up!

4\/3!!