On 13/11/2010 12:12, Freddie Chopin wrote:
This is work-in-progress, but before continuing I'd like to hear your
comments - I can stop now if you don't like that idea.

User can execute command "cortex_m3 capabilities soft_reset" + all
supported soft-reset methods, can be selected from two: sysresetreq
and/or vectreset (or none).
This can be used in cortex_m3_assert_reset() to select best reset method.

BTW - I'm not sure whether I've added the commands right (especially
"capabilities" chain), but that code works fine (but currently does
nothing more than set target variables) - I've tested it.

I hope you like it...

I like the basic idea. that way we can make the cfg a bit more intelligent.

May be better calling it config_soft_reset or similar.

Another point is that some targets (luminary) do not correctly support srst so it may be worth turning this into a config_reset cmd instead.

Cheers
Spen