Hello Antonio,

AB> Are you aware of any target, other than SPEAr, that provides memory
AB> mapping feature of SPI flash? I quickly searched, but failed.

NXP's LPC1800 (and, I think, LPC4000) have support for that.

7.10.3 SPI Flash Interface (SPIFI)

The SPI Flash Interface allows low-cost serial flash memories to be
connected to the ARM Cortex-M3 processor with little performance
penalty compared to parallel flash devices with higher pin count.

After a few commands configure the interface at startup, the entire
flash content is accessible as normal memory using byte, halfword, and
word accesses by the processor and/or DMA channels. Erasure and
programming are handled by simple sequences of commands.

Many serial flash devices use a half-duplex command-driven SPI
protocol for device setup and initialization and then move to a
half-duplex, command-driven 4-bit protocol for normal operation.
Different serial flash vendors and devices accept or require different
commands and command formats. SPIFI provides sufficient flexibility to
be compatible with common flash devices and includes extensions to
help insure compatibility with future devices.

7.10.3.1 Features
• Interfaces to serial flash memory in the main memory map.
• Supports classic and 4-bit bidirectional serial protocols.
• Half-duplex protocol compatible with various vendors and devices.
• Data rates of up to 320 Mbit/s or 10 Mwords/s.
• Supports DMA access.

--
WBR,
 Igor                            mailto:skochin...@mail.ru